This is Oh My Blog! A brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of fellow bloggers. Each month, we’ll be bringing you different themed posts showcasing the very best bloggers out there. This month, the questions are based on the fitting February topic of love!
This month, we’re meeting Nadia from ScandiMummy.
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog.
I started www.scandimummy.com on a whim while on maternity leave almost two years ago. Little did I know it would turn into a career. I love that it allows me to combine all my talents and interest. It has opened up doors to opportunities I never imagined and I’ve learnt so much. Being from Denmark the name Scandi Mummy came to me early on and my goal is to write about lifestyle and family life across cultures.
2. What is your current relationship status?
I live with my partner and our little boy. We are not married, but I hope we will be one day.
3. Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s’ Day?
I have in the past, but I’m more in favour of showing appreciation for each other throughout the year rather than on one specific day.
4. It’s your first date! Where do you go?
I’m a bit of a foodie and love to experience new restaurants. Combine that with champagne and maybe a night at the theatre and I would be very happy.
5. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
On one of our first dates my OH had bought yummy food, a bottle of my favourite champagne and lit a fire. He’d decorated the room with candles and flowers. I know it’s a bit cliché, but it worked!
6. What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
I’m a sucker for Love Actually and love romantic films in general.
7. Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
8. Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
I LOVE flowers. I think they brighten up a room. Plus, I also like to photograph them so we buy fresh flowers a lot.
9. Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
Yes, we have a beautiful boy who’ll be two this month. I’d love another child.
10. What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
John Legend’s All of Me
11. Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
No, we’ll be celebrating my son’s and my birthday the day before, so that will be the focus.
12. Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
Yes, on a New Year’s Eve and I got so terribly ill from them that it’s put me off for life. Not a turn on I can tell you that!
13. Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
I’d love to go to Venice. I love Italian food, the culture and Venice is a place I’d love to revisit after having been there on a school trip many moons ago.
14. What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
My birthday is the day before Valentine’s, so boyfriends often took advantage of this with just one gift. My son arrived on my birthday in 2015, so I would say that he has to the very best birthday and Valentine’s gift ever.
15. Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship.
Be sure to check out Nadia’s blog and follow her on social media to keep up with all of her latest posts!