15 Week Pregnancy Update
I’ve enjoyed this week of being pregnant. Sickness has been there, but in waves – I’ll feel like I’m on the verge of throwing up for two hours, then have a good three to four hours of feeling moderately okay. Still nauseous, but not as bad as it has been. At work we actually went on a trip to Liverpool, and I was able to cope by timing my medication around the coach journey – the journey there and back were pretty rough, but our time inside was well managed and I even ate some dinner problem free. I hope this signals the end of HG for me, but I don’t want to get my hopes up too high.. I know some weeks can feel like a reprieve and then the next it comes back with a vengeance.
I’ve noticed I’m much more exhausted this week – I’m working through the day then having to sleep, before waking and being able to unwind with Mike in an evening. The exhaustion is hard to describe – I often feel like my feet are impossibly heavy on the way home from work, then as soon as I get through the door I fall into bed and that can be me out for the count for a few hours.
MILESTONES THIS WEEK:
- Baby is now able to detect light changes in the womb
- My baby now has his or her sexual organs – but we won’t be able to get to know the sex for another three weeks!
- Baby can now hear my voice, and other things going on with me – for example, my digestive system. Poor little thing!
SYMPTOMS I’M EXPERIENCING:
- Cravings: pickles, especially gherkins
- Flutters in my stomach – like I’m hungry and its rumbling, but I’m not
- A stuffy nose – very stuffy. This is common and is called ‘rhinitis of pregnancy’